qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization

From: G 3
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 16:25:13 -0500

On Nov 7, 2016, at 1:16 PM, Cornelia Huck wrote:

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 12:01:16 -0500
G 3 <address@hidden> wrote:

On Nov 7, 2016, at 10:24 AM, Cornelia Huck wrote:

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 10:11:52 -0500
G 3 <address@hidden> wrote:

Thank you for your contribution. Could you provide some more
information.

This is what I suggest:

Who would want to use the s390x emulator?

A picture or two. (I can post it for you if you have a picture)

Pictures don't make much sense, as there is no graphic interface.

I was just hoping for something that would ensure the user that QEMU
can work.
Something that the user would be familiar with was all I was
interested in.

Hm. Screenshot of calling lscss and lscpu? Will not look very
interesting, but if it is useful...

Links:
- iso files
- free software
- websites that have more info on the s390x

Technical information on the s390x emulator:
- What needs to be completed
- What works
- What doesn't work
- Limitations

How someone who wants to help can help

I will be glad to help if you need it.

If you could give me some extra hours :)

Thanks for the offer, but I'll see what I can do when I have some free
cycles (yeah...) (I don't mind others joining in at all :)

I made a few additions to the page. Hopefully someone can verify my
suggested command-line info.

s/suggested/minimal/ for your command line (it is not very useful
without any I/O devices...)

If you know how to add these I/O devices, please add to the minimal command-line. We could do two command-lines, one minimal, and one with the added I/ O devices
if you like.