qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] TCP performance problems - GSO/TSO, MSS, 8139cp related

From: David Miller
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] TCP performance problems - GSO/TSO, MSS, 8139cp related
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 21:52:16 -0500 (EST)

From: Russell King - ARM Linux <address@hidden>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 22:33:08 +0000

> "The new buffer management algorithm provides capabilities of Microsoft
> Large-Send offload" and as yet I haven't found anything that describes
> what this is or how it works.

For once I will give Microsoft a big shout out here.

This, and everything a Microsoft networking driver interfaces to, is
_very_ much documented in extreme detail in the Microsoft NDIS
(Network Driver Interface Specification).

Microsoft's networking driver interfaces and expectations are
documented 1,000 times better than that of Linux.