qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RfC: MAINTAINERS update for qemu drm drivers.

From: Daniel Vetter
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RfC: MAINTAINERS update for qemu drm drivers.
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 20:05:38 +0100

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 07:24:34PM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> I'm busy updating the MAINTAINERS file for the linux kernel, making sure
> I'm listed for all qemu drm drivers (cirrus, bochs, qxl, virtio), so
> patches land in my inbox.
>
> While being at it:  I'm wondering whenever it makes sense to also
> include the qemu-devel list there.  I think it would be useful, so qemu
> developers can see what is going on without being subscribed to
> dri-devel.

Imo makes sense. Also I think one shared git repo for all of them would be
good. Bigger tree means you have more reasons for regular pull requests,
and that means patches land in drm-next faster. Which I think is good. And
I'm a bit on a crusade against boutique trees, for these reasons ;-)
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation