qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] GPIO input?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] GPIO input?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 09:34:26 +0000

On 17 November 2016 at 12:41, Liviu Ionescu <address@hidden> wrote:
> I added graphical buttons to GNU ARM Eclipse QEMU, and I can already trigger
> actions when a button is pushed/released, so currently I can reset the
> STM32F4DISCOVERY board clicking the reset button on the board picture.
>
> Now I want to implement the user button, which on this board is connected to
> a GPIO pin.
>

> Can you suggest an existing board that somehow implements a GPIO
> input, so I can a use a similar mechanism?

Stellaris has a bunch of things with GPIO inputs (eg the ADC
has a GPIO input which we wire up to the GPTM device). Basically
the device implement some input GPIO lines, and then the board
code can call qdev_get_gpio_in() to get the qemu_irq so it can
signal it when appropriate (or wire it up to some other device
which signals it). You might prefer to use the named-gpios
rather than the old-style numbered GPIOs; either will work.

thanks
-- PMM