qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu-system-sh4 vs qemu-system-arm/i386 default behavior

From: Tom Rini
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-sh4 vs qemu-system-arm/i386 default behavior
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 20:01:51 -0500

Hey all,

I'm trying to make use of the r2d platform for U-Boot testing via QEMU.
After applying a series[1] I can use the kernel.org sh4 toolchain to get
a u-boot.bin that runs, mostly.  I say mostly as first of all I have to
pass "-monitor null -serial null -serial stdio -nographic" to
qemu-system-sh4 and in that order for me to get output from U-Boot on
the prompt.  On other platforms such as arm and vexpress or i386 and the
'pc' machine I do not need to do this.  Does anyone have any idea why
this might be and where to start poking in the code to fix this?  I see
this on v2.8.0-rc1 along with various older releases, thanks!

[1]: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/bundle/trini/fix-sh4-support-v2/
--
Tom