qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Call for volunteers: Google OSS-Fuzz for QEMU

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Call for volunteers: Google OSS-Fuzz for QEMU
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 18:47:16 +0000

Google has launched a new continuous fuzzing project.  Similar to
Coverity, we could participate to get notifications about bugs in
QEMU.

Does anyone want to be QEMU's OSS-Fuzz coordinator?

https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz#accepting-new-projects

You need to:
1. Be an active QEMU contributor
2. Write a fuzz target that OSS-Fuzz can execute (e.g. disk image
formats, VNC, QMP monitor, etc).  It's up to you what we should test.
3. Triage bug alerts and coordinate with others to fix the bugs within 90 days.
4. Sign up and apply for QEMU with OSS-Fuzz.

This does involve some effort but the pay-off is that you will help
QEMU increase code quality and learn a lot about bugs :).

Stefan