qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Spice-devel] Postcopy+spice crash

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Spice-devel] Postcopy+spice crash
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 07:59:30 +0100

  Hi,

> >> On a quick glance I'd blame the guest for sending corrupted commands.
> >> Strange though that it happens on migration only, so there could be
> >> a host issue too.  Or a timing issue triggered by migration.
> >>
> >> Which migration phase?
> >
> > This is the point at which it switches over in postcopy.
>
> It looks like it's the vmstate (post) load phase of the qxl device on
> destination host.

Dave, can you try "thread apply all bt" so we see the other threads too?
That should show whenever it happens in post_load

> Maybe if you trace qxl device save/load related functions
> on both src and dst hosts you'll see a difference.

qxl keeps references to certain commands (create surface for example) in
qxl device memory, so it can replay them in post_load.  That possibly
doesn't work correctly with postcopy.

cheers,
  Gerd