qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Timeslice of vCPU thread in QEMU/KVM is not stable

From: Weiwei Jia
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Timeslice of vCPU thread in QEMU/KVM is not stable
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 08:00:25 -0500

Hi Pankaj Gupta,

Thanks for your reply. I have found the problem after debug Linux
Kernel. The problem is once there is I/O thread upon vCPU2 thread of
VM1, there will be some mutex (synchronization) produced so that it
will be preempted by vCPU2 thread of VM2. After I set
"/proc/sys/kernel/sched_wakeup_granularity_ns" to be the default value
(3 milliseconds), the timeslice is stable again even though there is
I/O thread upon vCPU2 thread of VM1. That means, vCPU2 thread of VM2
can not preempt vCPU2 thread of VM1 because
"/proc/sys/kernel/sched_wakeup_granularity_ns" is 3 milliseconds.
Thank you again :)

Best Regards,
Harry