qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] aarch64-linux-user compilation error

From: Pranith Kumar
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] aarch64-linux-user compilation error
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 20:36:55 -0500

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 5:59 PM, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Error:
>> /home/pranith/devops/code/qemu/linux-user/ioctls.h:224:9: error:
>> ‘SNDCTL_DSP_MAPINBUF’ undeclared here (not in a function)
>>    IOCTL(SNDCTL_DSP_MAPINBUF, IOC_R, MK_PTR(MK_STRUCT(STRUCT_buffmem_desc)))
>>          ^
>
> SNDCTL_DSP_MAPINBUF is supposed to be defined by your system
> headers (/usr/include/linux/soundcard.h or equivalent).
> Similarly for SNDCTL_DSP_MAPOUTBUF and SOUND_MIXER_ACCESS.
>
> Looking at QEMU's git history we've used these symbols
> for years. I would check whether your system headers
> are actually providing these symbols (and that the
> compiler is really putting the right headers on the
> include path).

So soundcard.h header is provided by two packages:

$ apt-file search /usr/include/linux/soundcard.h
linux-libc-dev: /usr/include/linux/soundcard.h
oss4-dev: /usr/include/linux/soundcard.h

I had oss4-dev installed. After removing that and reinstalling
linux-libc-dev, it compiles fine. Not sure why this file differs. May
be a packaging issue.

Thanks for the help!
--
Pranith