qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 2.8.0 is now available

From: Michael Roth
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 2.8.0 is now available
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 15:00:53 -0600

Hello,

On behalf of the QEMU Team, I'd like to announce the availability of
the QEMU 2.8.0 release. This release contains 1900+ commits from 201
authors.

You can grab the tarball from our download page here:

  http://wiki.qemu.org/Download

The full list of changes are available at:

  http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/2.8

Highlights include:

 * Support for fault-tolerant guests via COLO (COarse-grained LOck-stepping)
 * Support for fast host/guest socket communication over virtio via AF_VSOCK
 * Support for compressed formats when generating live backups
 * Support for new virtio-crypto device
 * Improved display rendering when using SPICE GUI in OpenGL mode
 * ACPI support for NVDIMM device hotplug

 * ARM: 'virt' machine support for ITS when using ACPI
 * ARM: Aspeed board improvements
 * ARM: STM32F2xx board (Netduino 2) support for ADC and SPI devices
 * MIPS: support for 24KEc CPUs
 * PPC: support for POWER9 CPUs and powernv platform
 * PPC: pseries support for more the 1TiB of guest memory and memory unplug
 * PPC: pseries support PCI host bridge NUMA affinities
 * s390: support for CPU models and virtio-ccw revision 2
 * x86: support for Extended Interrupt Mode in emulated IOMMUs
 * x86: support for up to 288 CPUs on q35 machine type
 * Xen: unplug support for SCSI disks and xenlinux-compatible devices

 * and lots more...

Thank you to everyone involved!