qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Did anything ever come of the Wireshark dissector generator

From: Richard Sharpe
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Did anything ever come of the Wireshark dissector generator that was being worked on
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 10:51:55 -0800

Hi folks,

I saw on this page
http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/LibvirtWiresharkDissector that someone
was planning on writing a dissector generator for XDR.

I wish I had known about it when I started the following effort, which
is now at a Version 1 level:

https://gitlab.com/realrichardsharpe/wireshark_rpcgen

As far as I am aware it handles all of XDR and is able to handle
protocols that are specified across multiple XDR files (as that is
what I needed.)

However, I would be interested in following up with the athor of the
libvirt version.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe