qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] uncached memory access in qtest

From: Ben Warren
Subject: [Qemu-devel] uncached memory access in qtest
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 23:01:13 -0800

Hi,

I’m trying to write a unit test to access a fw_cfg device via ACPI memory.
When I access the memory from qtest using the readx() functions, I get the
right values.  If I change the contents on the host side, though, then access
from the guest, the contents are unchanged.  If I register a read callback via
fw_cfg_add_file_callback(), I see the callback only called once, so it seems to
me that the guest memory is being cached.  Is there an easy way to flush or
invalidate the cache, or map a region uncached in the qtest framework?  Or
maybe do something from the host side?

thanks,
Ben