qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] questions and help with tight png encoding in qemu

From: Vasiliy Tolstov
Subject: [Qemu-devel] questions and help with tight png encoding in qemu
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 16:50:39 +0300

Hi! I'm try to add support for TightPng to some node js package (not noVNC)
and stuck with some issues. I found some rfb spec description but may
be it not accurate in case of tight png...
https://github.com/rfbproto/rfbproto/blob/master/rfbproto.rst#tight-encoding

1)  Rectangle with tightpng encoding sended with Encoding Tight or TightPng ?
As i see qemu sends encoding TightPng (-260)

2) I'm try to read len of png data by reading byte (b) from the stream
and if (b 0x80) then len += (b & 0x7f) << 7 and  read next byte, if (b
& 0x80) then len += (b & 0xff) << 14; but after that i need to skip 8
byte from stream to get png data... Can somebody correct me with len
calculating?

Thanks for any help!

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,