qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU websockets support is laggy?

From: Brian Rak
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU websockets support is laggy?
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 17:02:25 -0500

We've been considering switching over to using qemu's built in websockets support (to avoid the overhead of needing websockify running). We've been seeing very poor performance after the switch (it takes the console 4-5 seconds to update after pressing a key). So far, I haven't been able to find any indication of why this is happening. The exact same configuration works perfectly when running with websockify, but laggy when hitting qemu directly.

I've tried a few things (disabling encryption, bypassing our usual nginx proxy, even connecting via a ssh tunnel), and haven't made any sort of progress here. Has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions as to where I should start looking?