qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] migration: QEMU aborts migration of "none" machine

From: Ashijeet Acharya
Subject: [Qemu-devel] migration: QEMU aborts migration of "none" machine
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 15:31:19 +0530

Hi Thomas,

I was able to reproduce the bug you encountered while trying to migrate a
"none" machine.

After digging deep and debugging the problem with gdb, I found that
bitmap_new() is the function that crashes qemu as it always has zero bits
being passed to it.

I had a discussion with Dave on the IRC yesterday and he suggested the
reason of crash being the absence of RAM ( since machine is "none") while
attempting the migration.

I am not sure what the ideal solution will be in this case; Do any of the
maintainers have any suggestions or even a starting point which I can
ponder upon?

Thanks
Ashijeet