qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Call for GSoC 2017 mentors & project ideas

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Call for GSoC 2017 mentors & project ideas
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 12:46:40 +0000

On 18 January 2017 at 10:52, Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:
> QEMU will be applying to Google Summer of Code again this year.
>
> Do you want to help some of the most talented university students
> begin contributing to open source by working on our codebase and
> joining our community?
>
> We need to put together a list of project ideas by February 9:
> http://qemu-project.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2017#Project_Ideas

Slightly late, but I had an idea last night: would "get
Raspbian booting on our raspi2 board model" be a good
project? Would involve some mix of bug fixing, cleaning
up and adding device models from the raspi2 tree on github,
and implementing missing devices. Bit of a "how long is a
piece of string" project, but on the other hand breaks
down easily into small parts that can all go upstream
individually. Would suit student who likes debugging :-)

thanks
-- PMM