qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Fw: qemu integrator RAM size can't reach 128M whenemula

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Fw: qemu integrator RAM size can't reach 128M whenemulate the arm926
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 13:03:29 +0000

On 15 February 2017 at 09:41, heavybird <address@hidden> wrote:
> the issue i reported is caused by my test program, i fixed it by myself now.
> some more concern about your integratorcp.c.
> 1 what is your consideration to use the direct address in the code
> (s->cm_osc = 0x01000048,integratorcm_init), does it take some potential
> trouble for user once it is overlapped in the guest code?

This value is not an address. It is the reset value for the
CM_OSC oscillator control register, and indicates that
the BMODE field is set to 0b10 and the PLL_VDW field
is set to 0b01001000, which is the standard value for this
board as documented in the CM926EJ-S integrator core module
user guide.

> 2 is it possible to create a big DRAM(256M above) memory space to change
> your code integratorcp.c just like the "integrator.flash" with the function
> memory_region_init_ram.

The integratorcp is a model of a specific board, and that
board can't have a large DRAM in it. You'd need to
look at the board's physical address map to find out
if there is space in it to add more RAM.
integrator.flash is a complicated thing because it is
possible for the guest to control at runtime whether
it is mapped; it's not a good example to follow for
simple always-present RAM.

For the standards of the time 256MB was a decent amount
of RAM for an ARM926 core.

thanks
-- PMM