qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] kvm bug in __rmap_clear_dirty during live migration

From: Chris Friesen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] kvm bug in __rmap_clear_dirty during live migration
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 21:08:04 -0600

On 02/19/2017 10:38 PM, Han, Huaitong wrote:
Hi, Gaohuai

I tried to debug the problem, and I found the indirect cause may be that
the rmap value is not cleared when KVM mmu page is freed. I have read
code without the root cause. Can you stable reproduce the the issue?
Many guesses need to be verified.

In both cases it seems to have been triggered by repeatedly live-migrating a KVM virtual machine between two hypervisors with Broadwell CPUs running the latest CentOS 7.

It's a race of some sort, it doesn't happen every time.

Chris