qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu and Changed Block Tracking

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu and Changed Block Tracking
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 10:56:46 -0600

On 02/26/2017 02:41 PM, Peter Lieven wrote:
> The live-snapshot/live-commit stuff could indeed help in my scenario. If I
> understand correctly this is
> something that already works today, correct? If I have taken a live-snapshot,
> is live-migration and
> stop/start of the VM still possible? What about live-migration and start/stop
> during live-commit?

Yes, a guest can be started or stopped while migration and/or
live-commit are underway.  You probably have to keep the qemu process
around (stopping the guest but keeping qemu alive is different than
stopping qemu altogether), which is where the persistence factors into
it (once we have persistent bitmaps, then stopping qemu altogether
becomes possible).