qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 00/13] Live memory snapshot based on userfaultfd

From: Hailiang Zhang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 00/13] Live memory snapshot based on userfaultfd
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 09:08:57 +0800

On 2017/3/1 0:14, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
Hello,

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 09:48:26AM +0800, Hailiang Zhang wrote:
Yes, for current implementing of live snapshot, it supports tcg,
but does not support kvm mode, the reason i have mentioned above,
if you try to implement it, i think you need to start from userfaultfd
supporting KVM. There is scenario for it, But I'm blocked by other things
these days. I'm glad to discuss with you if you planed to do it.

Yes, there were other urgent userfaultfd features needed by QEMU and
CRIU queued for merging (hugetlbfs/shmem/non-cooperative support) and
they're all included upstream now. Now that such work is finished,
fixing the WP support to work with KVM and to provide full accuracy
will be the next thing to do.

Great, looking forward to it. thanks.

Thanks,
Andrea