qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] -rtc clock=vm with -icount 1, sleep=off does not appear to

From: Nutaro, James J.
Subject: [Qemu-devel] -rtc clock=vm with -icount 1, sleep=off does not appear to keep the rtc aligned with the virtual clock
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 22:02:32 +0000

I'm having trouble with this patch

http://web.ornl.gov/~1qn/adevs/qqq.patch

which worked until I checked out the newest working copy of qemu from the main
branch. The problem manifests itself when the elapsed time between virtual
clock events and the time reported by, say, a call to 'date' in the emulator do
not agree.

I've been digging through the (relevant?) changes but am so far at a loss to
explain the new behavior. I thought someone who had worked on the mttsc
features (the appearance of which seemed to coincide with this behavior) might
have some notion of what is going on. I'm running in the single threaded tcg
mode.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Jim