qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] -rtc clock=vm with -icount 1, sleep=off introduces unex

From: Pavel Dovgalyuk
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] -rtc clock=vm with -icount 1, sleep=off introduces unexpected delays in device interactions
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 10:03:30 +0300

I also encountered icount problems with new MTTCG patches.

Record/replay now cannot work, because iothread requests timers
without kicking the CPU. And cpu thread updates icount (that
are used for the clock).

Therefore invocation of iothread uses incorrect clock and
all virtual timers behave incorrectly.

Record/replay is also broken because current icount is requested
from iothread where current_cpu (and icount progress stored in icount_extra)
is unavailable.

Pavel Dovgalyuk