qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] What's the next QEMU version after 2.9 ? (or: when is a

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] What's the next QEMU version after 2.9 ? (or: when is a good point in time to get rid of old interfaces)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 12:22:49 +0100

On 10 March 2017 at 12:07, Jason Wang <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2017年03月09日 18:20, Yongbok Kim wrote:
>> Indeed but we still use the platform to verify architectural
>> compatibilities even for newer MIPS architectures.

> I see, but I believe it may need some modifications in the code to support
> newer architectures? If yes, plan to send them upstream? Since it has been
> deprecated, if no new codes it makes sense to deprecate it in qemu too. You
> can still use exist qemu versions to do the verification.

Taking a step back, the reason for deprecating and deleting
code is to avoid having unmaintained and unused code in QEMU.
If Yongbok is maintaining the mipssim board and devices
and is willing to keep them up to spec with current QOM
and other best practices, and there are test images to
check they still work, I think that's fine.

thanks
-- PMM