qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Swap disks virtualization

From: Christopher Pereira
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Swap disks virtualization
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 00:42:40 -0300

We are currently providing Linux swap disks with QEMU driver, virtio bus and qcow2 type.

Do you know any alternatives that provide better performance?

Considering that swap disks contain less critical data, QEMU could avoid disk IOs by using unassigned memory whenever possible. This could also be handled by the underlying linux filesystem of course. Can we tell QEMU to use the linux swap disk for creating a guest swap disk? What's the state of the art regarding swap disks virtualization?

Best regards,

--

*J. Christopher Pereira*
IMATRONIX S.A.