qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Proposal for deprecating unsupported host OSes & archit

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Proposal for deprecating unsupported host OSes & architecutures
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 16:06:35 +0000

On 16 March 2017 at 16:00, Daniel P. Berrange <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm just pretty wary of gratuitously deleting stuff that still
> has a reasonable chance of being functional, simply because
> we lack CI testing.

Well, me too, but I think that if nobody turns up to help us
or donate a test machine despite configure yelling at them
for a release cycle or two then it's not all that gratuitous.

(Just for instance there's some grotty code in configure that
looks at 'uname -m' to guess what host OS it is, which is
really not the right way to do it. But I've never been able
to clean that up because maybe it might break something
semi obscure in the process.)

thanks
-- PMM