qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] ui/console.h does #include <epoxy/gl.h> but it is used from

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] ui/console.h does #include <epoxy/gl.h> but it is used from files which don't build with OPENGL_CFLAGS
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 15:24:03 +0000

Our header include/ui/console.h will #include <epoxy/gl.h>.
Unfortunately that header isn't guaranteed to be on the include
path, because configure puts the CFLAGS that ensure it is (ie
the output of pkg-config --cflags epoxy) into OPENGL_CFLAGS, and
we only build certain object files with it. So a file like vl.c
which includes ui/console.h will fail to build if epoxy is present
but not in a directory which ends up on our include path anyway.

In particular on OpenBSD the header is in /usr/include/X11R6/epoxy/gl.h
and so compilation fails.

We should either just make sure we use the OPENGL_CFLAGS
and OPENGL_LIBS more widely, or be more careful about what
console.h is doing.

thanks
-- PMM