qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] GSOC Qemu Project

From: aahud
Subject: [Qemu-devel] GSOC Qemu Project
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 16:48:21 -0600

Hello my name is Aaron Hudson,

I am sending this email, admittedly late, to suggest a new project. I would love to see Qemu ported to an operating system without a monolithic kernel. My initial ideas for target platforms are Minix3 or a Plan9-like (ie Harvey or 9front). My personal preference would be Harvey, as I have made small contributions to that project, and am simply more familiar.

Another goal might be to look into hypervisors designed for microkernels (NOVA, Fiasco.OC, OKL4, etc), and making sure that the userspace solution is flexible enough to support those implementations. Regardless of whether or not the summer project would include that as a goal.

If you would like more detail or simply like to talk about the idea, I'd love to communicate via email, or IRC.

Thank you,

Aaron Hudson

Senior @ New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
Computer Science Major
System Administrator for Computer Science Department