qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] (no subject)

From: Vinzenz 'evilissimo' Feenstra
Subject: [Qemu-devel] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 15:50:44 +0100

In this version:

- Changed the use of strdup to g_strdup and the use of sprintf with a local
  buffer to use g_strdup_printf instead.
- Made the majority of fields in the GuestOSInfo optional to allow 0 values
- Used the right target version in the schema (2.10 vs 2.8 before)
- Refactored the code for deciding which release/version file to use to use a
  configuration struct and a while loop to iterate over the options.

I was looking into the usage of uname, as suggested by eric, however after
looking into this I realized that there's no additional information to be
gained from this. Therefore I decided that this is still a feasible approach.
In most cases the code will break out of the loop after accessing the second
file. For older systems there are some supported fallbacks available, but
/etc/os-release and /usr/lib/os-release are already quite established.