qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] guest-exec of qemu-guest-agent fails on Windows guest

From: Armin Ranjbar
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] guest-exec of qemu-guest-agent fails on Windows guest
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 19:52:21 +0430

We have tried qemu-ga from Fedora [1] which didn't have guest-exec and
guest-exec-status (qemu-ga -b ? didn't list them and running guest-exec
returned command not found) and also build msi from HEAD ourselves.

gspawn-exec files are there, when we try to run guest-exec command qemu-ga
windows application (which is running on foreground for testing) fails at
gspawn-win32-helper.c [2] assertion, what happens on windows is that the
"gspawn-win32-helper application stopped working" dialog appears.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Windows_Virtio_Drivers
[2]
https://github.com/GNOME/glib/blob/8edcf67b0221efa3c2ada67c44eff29939b1704d/glib/gspawn-win32-helper.c#L208

---