qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Proposal for deprecating unsupported host OSes & archit

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Proposal for deprecating unsupported host OSes & architecutures
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 21:15:25 +0000

On 25 March 2017 at 20:49, Knut Omang <address@hidden> wrote:
> Can we please keep the Sparc support in for a while still?

Yes, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz and the Debian Project have
kindly provided me with access to a Sparc box. I'm planning
to send a patch that puts sparc into the 'supported'
category before 2.9 release.

I would note that so far I've found a couple of TCG
bugs of the "this just doesn't work at all" level, so
it doesn't look like anybody using sparc has been
doing any testing against git master...

> When it comes to build platforms, a legitimate need to be able to keep
> anything
> running, I don't have any authority to promise away hardware or other forms of
> Sparc access, but I have been told that that part can be worked out in some
> way
> if we get enough support for this internally.

I'd recommend trying to get a machine into the gcc compile
farm (assuming they'd be willing to take it) -- that way
it's accessible to developers for a range of open
source projects.

thanks
-- PMM