qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] q35 and sysbus devices

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] q35 and sysbus devices
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 10:00:04 +0100

On 27 March 2017 at 09:44, Cornelia Huck <address@hidden> wrote:
> ISTR some surprises that reset (or some other) callbacks were not
> called as expected if there wasn't a sysbus device among the ancestors.
> Don't know if that's still true.

Yes -- if you're a sysbus device then your reset method is
called. If you're only a subclass of Device then your reset
method is not called.

I think this is because buses like PCI have specific
reset behaviour (order important between host and
devices, maybe?), so we defer reset to the subclass.

(Reset is a mess anyway.)

thanks
-- PMM