qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Problems with native Mingw-w64 build

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problems with native Mingw-w64 build
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 22:19:31 +0200

Am 27.03.2017 um 07:48 schrieb Mark Cave-Ayland:
Right, I see cygwin has a much newer version of glib available which
explains how the builds are produced.

What was the exact issue with global symbols which prevents the
pre-built Win64 binaries from glib > 2.22 being used? Or is that
information now obsolete?

I remember a problem caused by a change in Mingw gcc name mangling,
maybe that's what you a referring to. That does not apply to the
libraries distributed with Cygwin.

There is a new problem with cross compiling on Cygwin caused by latest
changes in configure. I have just sent a patch to fix that regression.

Stefan