qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] issues of region cache and iommu reset

From: Jason Wang
Subject: [Qemu-devel] issues of region cache and iommu reset
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 16:00:37 +0800

Hi:

I meet an issue when doing reboot for a guest with two virtio-net-pci cards when iommu is enabled. What happens is:

1) vtd was reset first

2) during the reset of virtio-net-pci #1, deletion of msix subregion will cause a commit of all memory listeners

3) virito-net-pci #2's region cache will be update, but since vtd has already been reset, it can't get a valid mappings here

Any ideas on how to fix this? Need region cache be aware of IOMMU/IOTLB state in this case? Or can we simply reset IOMMU as the last one?

Thanks