qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 13/19] unimplemented-device: Remove user_creatable

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 13/19] unimplemented-device: Remove user_creatable flag
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 13:57:06 +0100

On 1 April 2017 at 01:46, Eduardo Habkost <address@hidden> wrote:
> unimplemented-device needs to be created and mapped using
> create_unimplemented_device()

This isn't correct -- create_unimplemented_device() is
just a utility function; you can create, configure, initialize
and map it "by hand" if you want.

> and won't work with -device.

This is true, though, as with any sysbus device that has
a memory region.

> Remove the user_creatable flag from the device class.

I'm obviously missing context, because in master it doesn't
have code to set the user_creatable flag in the first place.
Wouldn't it be better to just not add that, rather than
add it and then delete it?

thanks
-- PMM