qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu VM Live Migration Code

From: ali saeedi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu VM Live Migration Code
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 16:58:08 +0430

Hello
I am a student who is interested in vm live migration. I want to understand
vm live migration code in qemu. so I tried to understand the code that is
available in 'migration.c' but it is very difficult for me to understand (I
have started from migration_thread function). I also has studied
migration.txt doc in docs folder. but i need more simple document to understand
the code. I know the basic for precopy, postcopy and hybrid algorithms of
vm live migration. I want to understand this implementation and implement
myown  idea by changing this code but I have problems for understanding it.
I also studied this link:
https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2015/03/24/live-
migrating-qemu-kvm-virtual-machines/
but i need more detail to  understand. I will be so grateful if anybody
recommend me a document, resource or any advice that help me for realizing
migration code in 'migration.c' ?
thanks a lot