qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How to provide build/CI environment for NetBSD host

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How to provide build/CI environment for NetBSD host
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 22:43:50 +0100

On 4 April 2017 at 22:22, Ryo ONODERA <address@hidden> wrote:
> I saw "Warning of unsupported host systems"
> in http://wiki.qemu-project.org/ChangeLog/2.9 wiki page.
>
> I would like to contribute to qemu's NetBSD host support.
>
> I can provide NetBSD/amd64(x86_64) 7-stable build
> environment as build/CI machine to the qemu project
> if nobody provides it to the project yet.
>
> How to provide build/CI environment to the qemu project?

Thanks for the offer. Since then, I've been able to set up
a NetBSD VM, which is probably a reasonable CI environment.

However, the other reason why netbsd isn't in the supported
list is that when I tried compiling it it didn't pass the basic
'make; make check' test. So obviously nobody's been
using or testing it :-(

You could start with looking at the compile failures
and submitting patches.

thanks
-- PMM