qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] guest host time synchronization

From: Jiahuan Zhang
Subject: [Qemu-devel] guest host time synchronization
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 09:01:40 +0200

Dear QEMU developers,

I made a test to check the time difference of QEMU emulated ARM-based Linux
guest and the Windows host. The result is, the guest time is around 0.2
second faster than the host. I used the "-rtc base" option.

So can I say that, the time precision of QEMU emulation is in seconds? Is
it possible to make it more precise? because I need to test the latency of
my guest/host communication with high time resolution, at least in
miliseconds.

Please let me know if you have any method  for the communication
performance testing. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Jiahuan