qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] Migrate failes between boards with different PMC

From: Zhuangyanying
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] Migrate failes between boards with different PMC counts
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 12:57:30 +0000

Do you mean to do a validation at the begining of migration? in
qemuMigrationBakeCookie() & qemuMigrationEatCookie(), if the PMC numbers are
not equal, just quit migration?
It maybe a good enough first edition.
But for a further better edition, maybe it's better to support Heterogeneous
migration I think, so we might need to make PMC number configrable, then we
need to modify KVM/qemu as well.

Regards,
-Zhuang Yanying