qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] New function: Remot USB support in qemu

From: yuan.zhong
Subject: [Qemu-devel] New function: Remot USB support in qemu
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 14:30:11 +0800 (CST)

Mr. Hoffmann,

Thank you for your time.

This email will describe a new module that I'd like to commit to the qemu code
source.

We call it as remote usb, and this is features:

1. real usb device is aside on a windows client.

2. keeping a connection between the client and the VMs host OS

3. qemu simulate a remote usb device through our remote usb module

4. the communication between real usb device and the simulation remote usb is
based on USB/IP protocol.

We'd like to submit the source code of remote usb module to the qemu
opensource.

How do you think of this module, and could you give us some advice please ?

Sincerely,

Yuanzhong