qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] 答复: Re: New function: Remot USB support in qemu

From: yuan.zhong
Subject: [Qemu-devel] 答复: Re: New function: Remot USB support in qemu
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 10:10:29 +0800 (CST)

On Do, 2017-04-27 at 14:30 +0800, address@hidden wrote:> > Mr. Hoffmann,>>  > >
> Thank you for your time.> > > > > > This email will describe a new module
that I'd like to commit to the> > qemu code source.> > > > We call it as remote
usb, and this is features:> > > > 1. real usb device is aside on a windows
client.> > > > 2. keeping a connection between the client and the VMs host OS>
> > > 3. qemu simulate a remote usb device through our remote usb module> > > >
4. the communication between real usb device and the simulation remote> > usb
is based on USB/IP protocol.> qemu supports that already.  It's called usb
redirection.> https://www.spice-space.org/page/UsbRedir>
https://github.com/SPICE/usbredir> usb redirection can use either plain tcp or
a spice channel as> transport.  The spice client supports usb devices on
windows clients.> Hans (Cc'ed, usbredir author) looked at the USB/IP protocol
and found a> number of deficits and decided to not use it because of that.  I
don't> remember the details though.> So I think using the existing usb
redirection support is the better> option for you.> cheers, >  Gerd

Thank you for your reply.

 Although qemu has usb redirection, it can not boot from the USB (install os)

however, we can boot from  remote usb to install os,this is amazing function.

How do you think of this please?

为了让您的VPlat虚拟化故障得到高效的处理,请上报故障到: $VPlat技术支持。

袁仲 yuan zhong

IT开发工程师 IT Development
Engineer
操作系统产品部/中心研究院/系统产品 OS Product Dept./Central R&D Institute/System Product

成都市高新区天府大道中段800号中兴通讯大厦7楼
T: 18883863405
M: +86 18883863405
E: address@hidden
www.zte.com.cn

原始邮件

发件人: address@hidden
收件人:袁仲10192427
抄送人: address@hidden address@hidden address@hidden address@hidden
日 期 :2017年04月27日 15:39
主 题 :Re: New function: Remot USB support in qemu

On Do, 2017-04-27 at 14:30 +0800, address@hidden wrote:
> Mr. Hoffmann,
>

> Thank you for your time.
>

> This email will describe a new module that I'd like to commit to the
> qemu code source.
>
> We call it as remote usb, and this is features:
>
> 1. real usb device is aside on a windows client.
>
> 2. keeping a connection between the client and the VMs host OS
>
> 3. qemu simulate a remote usb device through our remote usb module
>
> 4. the communication between real usb device and the simulation remote
> usb is based on USB/IP protocol.

qemu supports that already.  It's called usb redirection.
https://www.spice-space.org/page/UsbRedir
https://github.com/SPICE/usbredir

usb redirection can use either plain tcp or a spice channel as
transport.  The spice client supports usb devices on windows clients.

Hans (Cc'ed, usbredir author) looked at the USB/IP protocol and found a
number of deficits and decided to not use it because of that.  I don't
remember the details though.

So I think using the existing usb redirection support is the better
option for you.

cheers,
  Gerd

JPEG image