qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] dns server not working in QEMU using usermode networkin

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] dns server not working in QEMU using usermode networking (SLIRP)
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 14:44:21 +0200

Hello,

FONNEMANN Mark, on mer. 26 avril 2017 18:51:00 +0000, wrote:
> I just verified the problem exists on Linux host as well. I cannot ping the
> DNS or SMB server and the DNS server does not respond to nslookup requests.

One first thing to note: the DNS or SMB servers can not be pinged, since
that was never implemented (I'll post a patch for that), so there is no
surprise on that end.

Also, your issue happens even with explictly requesting ipv4, so it's
probably not a problem with the v6 updates by themselves.

When running with a Linux host (since that's what I'm most familiar
with), what do you have in /etc/resolv.conf?

Samuel