qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Dummy Panel.

From: John Bradley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Dummy Panel.
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 16:07:15 +0000 (UTC)

The underlying protocol is flexible enough, though only binary at the moment. I
could image a situation were a device driver communicated with the emulation
using it or alternately an application communicated with some hardware and
passed it on to the emulator. As the protocol is quite simple and open it could
easily be adapted, the GDummyPanel could be viewed as a separate project just
one of many potential clients.
Code would have to be added to each different emulation as the specifics of the
IO of each vary.
Here is a video of the latest version running on windows.demo may 4

|   |    |

|    |
demo may 4
 QEMU Emulating a Raspberry PI 2 running the QEMU IO demo from Circle low level
system. Using GDummyPanel to inte...  |   |

 John BradleyTel: 07896 839635Skype: flypie125 125B Grove StreetEdge Hill
Liverpool L7 7AF

    On Friday, 5 May 2017, 16:07, Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:

 On Wed, May 03, 2017 at 02:20:55PM +0000, John Bradley via Qemu-devel wrote:
> Hi
> I have created a new fork on GitHub https://github.com/flypie/flypie-pi-qemu
> and an associated project https://github.com/flypie/GDummyPanel the idea as
> well as getting the Original PI emulation working is to add some facility for
> simulated IO. This is a demonstration of the latest version, running the QEMU
> demo from https://github.com/rsta2/circle. I took the idea from an
> implementation for the BIFFboard but only the socket number is left, the
> commuications is all via IP. The code is only really Alpha level at the
> moment and needs some refing to reduce bandwidth. I could also extend the
> code so that the connection can be to a remote machine rather than via the
> local host.
>
> I intend to generalise the code, to work with several different boards other
> than the PI, could anyone suggest a board that would benefit from such an add
> on.
> Is this a worth while addon?
> John BradleyTel: 07896 839635Skype: flypie125 125B Grove StreetEdge Hill
> Liverpool L7 7AF

CCing ARM maintainers (see the ./MAINTAINERS file to find the right
people to CC)

Stefan