qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VhostUserRequest # 20

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VhostUserRequest # 20
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 14:32:55 +0100

* Marc-André Lureau (address@hidden) wrote:
> HI

OK, just posted.

However, I just spotted, or should I say gcc just spotted another issue:

  CC      tests/vhost-user-bridge.o
/home/dgilbert/git/qemu-world3/tests/vhost-user-bridge.c:228:23: warning:
variables 'front' and 'iov' used in loop condition not modified in loop body
[-Wfor-loop-analysis]
    for (cur = front; front != iov; cur++) {
                      ^~~~~    ~~~
1 warning generated.

static void
iov_restore_front(struct iovec *front, struct iovec *iov, size_t bytes)
{
    struct iovec *cur;

    for (cur = front; front != iov; cur++) {
        bytes -= cur->iov_len;
    }

    cur->iov_base -= bytes;
    cur->iov_len += bytes;