qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-sh4 -M r2d serial is broken.

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-sh4 -M r2d serial is broken.
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 22:10:38 +0200

On 2017-05-18 21:57, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Anyway, Uli Hecht is saying SCIF "asserts DR even if the FIFO threshold
> has not been reached if no data is received for 1.5 frames".  If that's
> just a register and doesn't trigger an interrupt, you can compute the
> bit's value dynamically based on the current clock.
>
> This is for example how the x86 RTC chip computes the "update in
> progress" bit, which is set for 220 us before the RC updates.  Doing
> that with a timer would be really imprecise.

Unfortunately, the DR bit is set to 1 after 1.5 frames (so the exact
timing depends on the actual baud rate), and that also triggers an
interrupt if the RIE bit is set to 1. I haven't checked yet if the
kernel relies on the bit or the interrupt or both.

Aurelien

address@hidden                 http://www.aurel32.net