qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] specify memory in QEMU with Virtio

From: jenia mtl
Subject: [Qemu-devel] specify memory in QEMU with Virtio
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 22:43:55 -0400

Hello.

How do I specify how much graphics memory the Windows client should have in
QEMU. I have successfully installed Virtio and can launch the VM (Windows)
with it. This doubles the memory form 8MB to 16MB. But I need 512. How can
I set that?

I launch it like this (this command can be used to installed the OS and
also to launch it. If you don't want to install, Just don't enter the
Windows Install Interface, let it go to booting the OS)

    qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 4G -soundhw hda -boot order=c -drive
file=image_file,if=virtio -drive file="OS.iso",index=2,media=cdrom -drive
file=/usr/share/virtio/virtio-win.iso,index=3,media=cdrom

Thanks in advance
Jenia