qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Way to turn off translation buffer function in QEMU?

From: 최동용
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Way to turn off translation buffer function in QEMU?
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 22:58:22 +0900 (KST)

Hello. I'm a student working with QEMU. I'm not sure that I can ask a question
to this email address.I'm now trying to turn off the translation buffer
function (just for experiment) but having trouble doing it.I tried two
different ways to get rid of translation buffer function.(1) I modified the
"tb_find_fast" and "tb_find_slow" in cpu_exec.c to always fail to find a
correct translation block from buffer and fall to "tb_gen_code".The first
approach didn't work. (Even the VM did not turn on.)(2) I found that whenever
the translation buffer is full it is flushed in "tb_gen_code" by calling
"tb_flush". Therefore I modified the "tb_find_fast" and "tb_find_slow" in
cpu_exec.c to always call "tb_flush" before returning from "tb_find" so that
translation buffer is kept empty all the time. (to make it impossible to find
corresponding translation block from the translation buffer)The second approach
also didn't work. (The VM did not turn on too.)Is there any way to turn off the
translation buffer function from QEMU? I will really appreciate if anybody
could give me an advice.I will also appreciate if anybody could let me know
where is best to discuss this kind of questions.Thanks.