qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v4 0/5] ARM SMMUv3 Emulation Support

From: Auger Eric
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v4 0/5] ARM SMMUv3 Emulation Support
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 09:21:22 +0200

Hi Peter,

On 30/05/2017 18:09, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On 13 May 2017 at 18:43, Eric Auger <address@hidden> wrote:
>> This series introduces the emulation code for ARM SMMUv3.
>> This is the continuation of Prem's work [1].
>>
>> This v4 is yet another visibility step as many restrictions apply
>> to the model at the moment:
>
> I had a quick scan through to see if anything leapt out
> as odd, and have sent a few comments, but I'm assuming
> you don't want in-depth review at this time (and hoping
> that somebody else will provide it when you do want it ;-)).

Thank you for this quick scan. Indeed this is what I expect at the
moment since the model clearly misses maturity and features. I will ping
people for proper review when this makes sense.

At the moment people can start testing it for stage 1 only. I was
reported and reproduced boot problems with a guest using virtio-blk-pci.
This is currently under debug and then my next step is to complete the
VFIO integration.

Thanks

Eric