qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qdev properties vs qom object properties

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qdev properties vs qom object properties
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2017 10:48:17 +0200

  Hi,

> Any plan to replace properties defined as data by properties defined
> in
> code will be a hard sell with me.  I think we should go back to data
> unless the problem at hand *requires* code.

There *are* some cases which require code, specifically QOM properties
which are writable after realize as they typically need some code to
apply the changes.

But, yes, the majority of properties we have in tree doesn't need that
(realize callback will handle them) and qdev properties are a perfect
fit for those.

cheers,
  Gerd