qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/7] ui patch queue

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/7] ui patch queue
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 12:41:13 +0200

  Hi,

> This causes configure to barf warnings in my build logs on half
> my build machines:
>
> WARNING: Support for gtk2 will be dropped in future releases.
> WARNING: Please consider using gtk3 instead.
>
> I don't think it is yet possible to drop gtk2.

I certainly don't plan to drop it now, we need at least one or two
releases with that patch in to see what the feedback is.  But I want
start pushing people to the newer versions, so they get used more and
people will report possible regressions from the older versions.  Not
that I expect many, fedora builds distro packages with SDL2 + gtk3 for
quite a while already.

Which systems are failing?  Any chance this is just gtk3-devel missing?
gtk 3.0 was released more than five years ago, pretty much every distro
should have packages meanwhile ...

cheers,
  Gerd