qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Tracing guest virtual addresses

From: Jayanto Minocha
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Tracing guest virtual addresses
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 14:15:21 -0700

Hi,

I think there have been a few threads on the mailing list regarding tracing
guest virtual addresses for load and store instructions, but I have been
unable to get it to work. I am trying this for an AArch64 machine, and am
using the softmmu.

The tracing infrastructure provides the following event:

vcpu tcg guest_mem_before(...).

But that is only used to instrument the cpu_ld/cpu_st macros, which is only
called in the case of a tlb miss.

I've been going over the archives, and it looks like I need to instrument
tcg_out_tlb_load. Am I on the right path ?

Regards,
-Jayanto